Monday, February 21, 2011

Dylan's new owl quilt in progress

This is the second attempt at an owl quilt for Dylan's nursery. The first one I started didn't work out so well. I saw this in a magazine I brought with me. The quilt that was in the magazine wasn't very well done, the background fabric had an argyle pattern which the quilter didn't match up and it looked "off". So with the assistance of the ladies at Arizona Quilt here in Peoria I found some better fabrics. The top is ready to quilt and I purchased the background bird fabric for the backing today. I took the top in to show the ladies and they loved it so much the owner took a photo with my information (and Dylan's too!). Not sure what they plan to do with the photo, but I will be checking their web site and will link up if they post it!
I made a slight adjustment to the owl's vest. The original pattern showed the vest machine stitched onto his belly, but I made it a separate unit that actually opens. I think it came out cute. I plan to work on the quilting, backing, and binding in the next day or two. Hopefully I can get most of it finished before they induce April this Friday. Keep your fingers crossed......... I should be a grammy by Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. this is So cute!! Love the owl in the vest(((O:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt, excellent colors and work!

    ReplyDelete