Tuesday, October 25, 2011

This and That

I will have exciting news soon and have been working diligently to prepare for my next adventure in art! For now here is a sneak peek at my work:

I also decided to use up some of my bucket of wool roving last week so I played with making a wet felted piece that will eventually become a book cover. It didn't come out too badly only working with what I had on hand. I now have a couple of items (including a pool noodle!) that will make the process easier next time.
A couple of summers ago I made two little journals from recycled fulled sweaters with lots of embroidery on them. One I kept and one I gave to Miranda. I really like the looks of them and wanted to find a better way to sew in the signatures, the holes on my spine are not looking so good at this point. The pattern called for 5 signatures and I only used 3 so I had to play with the directions a bit. I think it will work better now.......
... the cover:
..... opened...


No comments:

Post a Comment