Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Why Do These Totes Make Me So Happy?

I saved the bags from Dixie's dog food thinking that they were too good to throw away since they were Tyvek type material.  I envisioned book covers, but have since made a couple of handy totes from them.    This is my prototype which is lined with a material given to me and therefore was pretty cheap to make!
It is fully lined and has sturdy handles that I made from wide heavy twill material.
After showing it to a friend at the school, she ordered one which came out a little nicer than my original.  I tweaked a couple of things and voila!
This one is lined with cute dog fabric which just happens to match the bag!  I've sent the word out on Facebook for friends to save their food bags for me.  I can't wait to make some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment