Sunday, June 19, 2011

Exciting news!

A couple months back while at April's I participated in the Cloth Paper Scissors fabric swatch exchange. I had brought some hand-dyed muslin in bright green and dark indigo to make my swatches. I sandwiched cotton batting between the fabrics and free motion quilted some swirls all over the piece. I cut it into the required size pieces, paid the fee, and shipped them off. A couple of weeks ago I received pieces in exchange from as far away as Australia! Some really cool stuff, can't wait to use them.
Here is the large piece before it was cut to size:

Yesterday I received the July/August issue of CPS in the mail. On the top corner of the cover was a blurb about the exchange. Needless to say I squealed when I opened to the article and found that they had chosen my piece as one of the 38 to showcase in the issue! Yowza! I never expected that! There were close to 200 participants and they chose less than 40 for the article. I am very flattered and sooo was not expecting that! My fabric is on pg 81. I really love the other pieces they chose....... good stuff!
April looked in Borders for a copy, but it doesn't seem to be on stands yet. Here's the cover:

1 comment: