Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pink!

I'm still playing with my silver and copper wire (loving Thunderbird Supply... fast, fast shipping and great prices! They have a brick and mortar store in Flagstaff........ already planning a trip up when I got to AZ for Dylan's birthday in Feb.) This journal has sterling silver wire embellishments rather than the copper I used on the yellow rose journal. The focal point for the cover is an older photo of a pink starflower. I used some Moda fabric with pink, green, and yellow for the background on white canvas.
I made this freeform accent with the last of my wire (I've since received more wire from Thunderbird)
I created many wrapped beads for practice and used several on the spine along with a mixed media tassel.
I haven't finished this brown and purple journal yet, so I'm only showing a peek. I hand stitched small pieces of fabric onto batting and did my version of the rolled corded edging to attach the lining. I'm envisioning some copper beaded accents on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment