Thursday, November 17, 2011

WIP

Last Saturday I participated in a sale and wouldn't you know I sold the purple and brown journal before I could take photos of the finished piece. D'oh! The girl loved it, that's all I've got to say. The entire cover was done in my version of quilting. My favorite part of making quilts is the hand quilting so I've done that with perle cotton for texture. This quilted cover is done in shades of burgundy and aqua/teal. Right now it's a work in progress as I haven't put any of my wire work on it, but I like it so far. As Donna Downey would say: "happy place!" Here's the front:
And a close up:
I really, really, really like this next one. I saw a version of the stitched tree and leaves on Pinterest a while ago and have two of these hanging around. I wasn't sure where I was going with the stitching, but I like the effect of stitching completely around the sewn design. This cover probably won't get much more than some earth tone leaf beads at the spine, I don't want to cover up the stitching too much:
a close-up:

No comments:

Post a Comment