Saturday, January 15, 2011

Lost in Sequins

My Herrschner's order arrived early last week and I have been buried in sequins and felt since then working on Dylan's personalized stocking. I'm on piece #54 out of around 70 pieces so I'm almost finished. It's all hand work and I can sit for hours on end sewing the sequins and beads, stuffing the pieces, and then appliqueing them to the stocking. There's a certain zen to the process, not much thinking involved. After creating the last few original pieces I needed a break. I'm also working on an owl quilt (also for Dylan) and the new color theme for The Play Date Cafe's weekly challenge. Here's what the stocking looks like right now:

I just need to finish a couple more presents and a little stocking and it's finished. Piece of cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment