Friday, December 30, 2011

More from STITCHED

Still have registered over at STITCHED?  What are you waiting for?  There are 20 fabulous artists who created amazing videos full of tips, tricks, and projects that you will love.  Sign up here, you won't regret it!  All workshops open this Sunday, Jan. 1, 2012.
Here is a journal that I made with a taffeta rosette made using Annie Hutchings' technique in her Fabric Flower 101 workshop on STITCHED.  Her workshop is chock full of lovely flowers, I had a difficult time deciding which one to make.  I ended up with the 30's rosette which Annie declares is an ancient family secret and I'm so glad she shared.  Her directions are really easy to follow!  
The fabric I used for this cover is something from my stash and I'm not sure what it is.  It's natural colored and an open weave, very soft hand unlike burlap.  I want to say it's osnaburg, but I could be talking out my hat!  I free motion stitched the fabric to natural canvas then added a piece of the embroidered muslin trim .  The small cotton trim on the right of this piece had to be dunked in coffee to tone down the stark white before I could add it on here.  I used a running stitch in floss (egads!  floss and not my beloved perle cotton! chalk it up to inspiration over at STITCHED!) to attach the embroidered piece before adding the faux bow under the rosette.  The rosette has some pearls in the center and then I added flat backed pearls and french knots on the side.  
I also added a decorative pin on which I put some more beads and pearls, they are on the spine, but I didn't photograph it this time.
The pearls and french knots.  The closure is a twisted strand of floss wrapped around a button.


No comments:

Post a Comment