Monday, August 23, 2010

Sneak Preview!

I've been busy creating and have some NEW items ready for my Etsy shop! I love making little books and have created Canvas Bitty Books filled with paper. The covers are canvas and Moda fabric sewn with crazy stitches. Threads and ragged edges abound on these little cuties (measuring 3 in. X 3 in.). Signatures are sewn in by hand with variegated perle cotton and embellished with beads and buttons:
Don't they look yummy all lined up?
The next original item is a hand-made basket pincushion. This particular baby is headed to upstate New York as a thank you gift. Sarah is a quilter so I have used Debbie Mumm's quilting themed fabric for the top. The basket base for this pincushion measures 2 1/2 inches in diameter and 2" tall not including fabric top.
The wine colored reed was hand-dyed by me!

Stay tuned for these hand crafted, original designs to be added to my Etsy. Check out my shop (to the left of the post!).

1 comment: