Thursday, September 22, 2011

Busy with Books

Flipping through Pam Sussman's book Fabric Art Journals I was inspired to create a couple of books unlike the ones I usually make. For my first attempt I used my hand-dyed muslin. I quilted the chocolate colored cover and used red, blue, and purple for the pages. All have fleece for padding. Pam's book was made with white muslin, colored buttons and ribbons. I didn't like the colors on the brown so I used white/off-white buttons and ribbons. They really popped on the colored muslin. The cover:
Top view of the pages on which are hand sewed many buttons and ribbons at the edges:
Here is my version of the white with colored buttons/ribbons. Again I quilted my own cover with variegated rayon thread. I used cotton batting in the cover and pages. The cover:
Instead of mixing the colors of buttons and ribbons on each page I went with the ROYGBIV rainbow using one color per page. I love the effect!
Each of the books also has a pocket on the inner back cover as well as a small button and ribbons on the back of the cover (not shown). This is a great way to use some of the bazillion buttons and ribbons I have stashed!

1 comment:

  1. YOur books are beautiful! Cheerful. Happy!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the lovely comment about the hearts!

    ReplyDelete