Friday, September 16, 2011

Needle Books

I've been making items to get ready for a sale next month in Independence, VA. I just received the application to vend today in the mail. People commented mostly on my needle books, rag journals, and my published Jabberwocky book. So I've been busy the past few days creating a couple of new needle books. As I worked I tweaked the design elements to reflect my more current style. I've forgotten how fun it is to work on a small piece of art! The first is a blue owl book. The front:
The back (which I tweaked to add the button and little swatch of fabric:
The second is a nesting doll in black, brown, and cream:
again the back:

1 comment:

  1. Wow these are just awesome..I love the stitched look and threads..I want to add more of that in my journals...I have my machine out..just not using it too much lately..!

    ReplyDelete