Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Special Order

This past Saturday Cheri and I had a couple of tables set up at the Matthews Farm Quilt Show in Galax. We didn't know what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised by the response we received from the people shopping. We both sold some items and made some connections. I am relieved that there are people here who "get" my art and enjoy it. I sold a couple of journals to two young girls and a needle book. I also had an order for a book for a 90th birthday celebration. Once I pulled out the blue fabric it all took shape rather quickly. Marie enjoys baskets and I found an embroidered doily with a basket of flowers (in blue... how fortuitous!) and remembered the tiny basket my mother gave me on my last visit. I sat and blanket stitched the cover together last night while watching Hell's Kitchen. I will be calling the woman who ordered it for her mother today and delivering as promised! I'm not sure whether it was easier or more difficult working in specific parameters, but I think it came out nice............

No comments:

Post a Comment