Thursday, January 12, 2012

I'm still having fun over at the STITCHED workshops.  I created my version of Tracie Lampe's Bohemian Bag from her awesome workshop.  It only took two sweaters as they were large ones.  I'll be using this big boy as a tote when I visit my daughter in AZ next month.  Should work nicely to hold all my travel crap goodies!  The next one will be a tad bit smaller so I can use it as a purse.  I LOVE the curly edges and must do something else with that technique.  
I felt the gray and brownish colors were a tad "boring" so I added a pop of red from a fulled wool sweater.  I think the sweater balls beads are cute!  These are at the base of the strap.
I added a twist by sewing several small leftover strips to the front under the bead closure to look like a bow.  The bag closes with an elastic loop and the red bead.
 It's time for YOU to have some fun, make some cool projects, learn new techniques, and maybe win some prizes.... click here for more information on how you can become a member of the SITICHED family!

No comments:

Post a Comment