Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sweater balls and a new journal

Yes, sweater balls.  Ok, they are really beads, but I'm calling them sweater balls and three of them aren't made from sweaters, but a fulled wool recycled jacket.  But, they're cute no matter what they're called or what they're made from!  Again, the idea came from STITCHED and Tracie Lampe's Bohemian Bag workshop.  Go to her blog and check out her newest bag, it's in black and gray and it's striking!  There is still plenty of time to sign up for all 20 workshops, just click here for the information.
I'm certain they will show up on a journal sometime!
Speaking of journals, I have been playing with paint and paper lately working on some different journals than I sell in Etsy, but did get my mojo working and created another cream journal with a 30's rosette from........ wait for it............ a STITCHED workshop!  Another one of Annie's  tutorials in her Fabric Flowers 101 workshop.  I used burlap over canvas with free motion stitching as the base....
...overlaid with a piece of cutwork on cotton (tea-dyed, used to be one of those circular table cloths that go over the round glass accent tables that were all the rage in the 90's)
 Under the pink/salmon satin rosette I gathered some vintage lace and organza.  Tied some burlap threads and beaded a pearl pin
More pearls intertwined by french knots
The following flower is the same pattern as on the purple journal I made as a present.  This is made from a Moda charm pack in pink and cream and a covered button center.

No comments:

Post a Comment